Top 10 Best Battery Powered Pool Vacuum Cleaners
What the majority of pool owners are looking for include convenience, cost efficiency, and ease of use.
Therefore, we did the research and put together this buying guide for the best battery powered pool vacuums to help you make the right buying decision.
Top 10 Battery Powered Pool Vacuums
Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
|View on Amazon|
Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish
|View on Amazon|
AquaJack 301 Battery Operated Swimming Pool Cleaner
|View on Amazon|
Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum
|View on Amazon|
Bestway 58422E-BW Aqua Powercell Handheld Pool Vacuum
|View on Amazon|
Kokido Telsa 5 3-Piece Rechargeable Max Vac
|View on Amazon|
Aqua First NE4483 Cyclone Handheld Pool Vacuum
|View on Amazon|
Water Tech Pool Blaster Hoseless Vacuum Cleaner
|View on Amazon|
Pool Blaster Aqua Broom
|View on Amazon|
Ryobi P714K Lithium-Ion Cordless Vacuum Kit
|View on Amazon|
Table of Contents
- 1 Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li – Best Battery Powered Pool Vacuum Overall
- 2 Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish – Lightweight & Fast Cleaning
- 3 AquaJack 301 Battery Operated Swimming Pool Cleaner – Maximum Efficiency
- 4 Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum – Built for Strength
- 5 Bestway 58422E-BW Aqua Powercell Handheld Pool Vacuum – Budget-Friendly and Convenient
- 6 Kokido Telsa 5 3-Piece Rechargeable Max Vac – Best For Above Ground Pools
- 7 Aqua First NE4483 Cyclone Handheld Pool Vacuum – Extremely Light and Easy-to-Use
- 8 Water Tech Pool Blaster Hoseless Vacuum Cleaner – Large Capacity Bag
- 9 Pool Blaster Aqua Broom – Extends Two to Four Feet
- 10 Ryobi P714K Lithium-Ion Cordless Vacuum Kit – For Cleaning Around The Pool
- 11 Buying Guide & Frequently Asked Questions
- 12 Final words
Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li – Best Battery Powered Pool Vacuum Overall
The last thing anyone wants to do is vacuum their pool, so they want the process to occur quickly and conveniently.
The process is cumbersome with wires, hoses, and other attachments getting in the way. When you’re working with the Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool & Spa Cleaner, none of that is an issue.
Instead, you’ll be working with a model that uses rechargeable, Lithium-ion battery technology.
It’s possible to pick up fine and large debris thanks to the reusable X-Treme Multilayer Filter that comes with this unit. Each time you charge the battery, you can count on at least sixty minutes of continuous cleaning time.
No matter if you want to clean your pool or spa, this machine can handle the job with ease.
- Easy switch on and off
- Comes with a reusable filter
- Charges for sixty minutes of continuous use
- Only weighs 5.5 pounds
- Works with pools and spas
- Users report it’s not good for sand removal
- Consumers report that the suction is weak
Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish – Lightweight & Fast Cleaning
When your pool is full of debris, that’s a frustrating sight. Using the Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish Li Pool & Spa Cleaner will help you get rid of that mess quicker and allow you to enjoy your pool faster.
This model cleans up to thirty-three gallon per minute without relying on the pool’s main filter system.
Because it’s lightweight and easy to use, cleaning the pool becomes less of a chore.
If you have a telescoping pole, this unit will easily attach for extending your reach.
Its rechargeable Lithium battery will ensure up to forty-five minutes of continuous cleaning time. You’ll also find one reusable all-purpose filter for large debris and two microfilters for fine cleaning.
The biggest benefits of using this cleaner are that, in addition to removing debris and completing fine cleaning, you’ll also be eliminating disease-causing germs.
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Easy to switch on and off
- Will attach to a pole for extended reach
- Cleans thirty-three gallons per minute
- Removes disease-causing germs
- Users report having issues with the switch not working correctly
- Other users made a note of having challenges with changing the filters
AquaJack 301 Battery Operated Swimming Pool Cleaner – Maximum Efficiency
Everything about the AquaJack 301 Battery Operated Inground/Above Ground Swimming Pool & Spa Cleaner’s design is about efficiency, convenience, and ease of use.
Are you tired of having to recharge batteries all the time? You won’t run into the issue when cleaning with this model. It runs continuously for ninety minutes thanks to its 11.1V Lithium battery.
The industry-leading suction-power you’ll find in this machine, as well as a high flow pump, allows for deep cleaning.
The high-capacity filter holds more dirt and debris, allowing you to tackle the largest mess without worrying about having to stop. If you need to extend your reach, this unit will attach to most telescopic pool poles.
- Runs ninety minutes with each charge
- Has high-suction and high-flow pump
- Includes a high-capacity filter
- Attaches to a telescopic pool pole
- Deep cleans without having to empty filter continuously
- Heavier than competing models
- Finding replacement parts for it is difficult
Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum – Built for Strength
If you own an above ground pool or spa, then the Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum may be the ideal choice. It’s optimal for above ground pools measuring up to 18′ in diameter, as well as all PureSpas.
It’s built-in Ni-MH rechargeable batteries are strong and provide powerful suction. You’ll find two interchangeable brush heads, as well as a USB charging cable.
What helps set this unit apart is the fact that there’s an automatic shutoff feature. If this machine isn’t submerged in water, it will shut off automatically.
There’s also a telescoping aluminum shaft measuring 94″ and shaft adapter. When this unit is submerged properly, you’ll be able to keep your pool or spa clean of dirt and debris.
- Works with above ground pools and all PureSpas
- Strong, rechargeable Ni-MH built-in battery
- Powerful suction
- Automatic shut-off feature
- Includes interchangeable brush heads and telescoping aluminum shaftz
- Consumers report that it turned on when not submerged in water
- Issues reported regarding the lengthy time needed for charging
Bestway 58422E-BW Aqua Powercell Handheld Pool Vacuum – Budget-Friendly and Convenient
The minimalistic design of the Bestway 58422E-BW Aqua Powercell Handheld Pool Vacuum with Rechargeable Battery shouldn’t let this model fool you. This model includes a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, as well as a charger.
The extended life of this battery, as well as the fact that it has no memory effect when charging and discharging, means optimal performance. You can clean your pool continuously for forty minutes using this machine.
It’s completely submergeable and, in doing so, you can clean debris away from the pool floor while filtering the water. You’ll receive two interchangeable heads.
One cleans the corners of the pool, and the other is for the rest of the surfaces. When connected to the included five-section pole, you’ll have up to eighty-seven inches of reach for cleaning.
- Battery and charger included
- No memory effect when charging or discharging
- Forty minutes of continuous cleaning time
- Includes two interchangeable cleaning heads
- Eighty-seven inches of reach for cleaning
- Users report issues with the pieces not connecting correctly
- Consumers had issues keeping this unit from floating
- Issues with the filter being too small
Kokido Telsa 5 3-Piece Rechargeable Max Vac – Best For Above Ground Pools
If you’ve used the original Kodido Telsa model, this one is larger. The Kokido Telsa 5 3-Piece Rechargeable Max Vac Above-Ground Swimming Pool Vacuum works optimally with above ground pools that are small to medium-sized.
The best measurement is up to eighteen feet. Its wide nozzle has rotational ball wheels.
That way, it’s easier to glide this unit along the floor of the pool. You’ll receive large and small adapters you can use depending on if you’re working with a large or small pool and filter pump system.
The adapters will work with a wide variety of swimming pool filter pumps, including General Foam Pools, Intex, Bestway, Sand ‘n Sun, and Summer Escapes.
The adapters that come with this model fit most pools ranging from eight-foot Easy Set Pools to an eighteen-foot metal frame pool.
- Works best with above the ground pools
- The battery recharges and uses the pool filter to remove debris
- Has rotation wheels for easier movement
- Includes adapters
- Hooks to a wide variety of filter pumps
- Larger than its predecessor
- Users report that it stopped working after two uses
- Other users report that it mainly stirred the dirt up
- Consumers report the plastic pieces broke off too easily
- Issues with the suction not working properly
Aqua First NE4483 Cyclone Handheld Pool Vacuum – Extremely Light and Easy-to-Use
No one likes dealing with cords or hooking up to a pool filter. The manufacturers behind Aqua First NE4483 Cyclone Handheld Pool Vacuum considered this when designing this model.
There are no cords to untangle while sucking up dirt, leaves, and other debris from above ground pools. When this machine’s battery has a full charge, it provides forty-five minutes of powerful suction.
You’ll receive a charger so, when it’s time for a cleaning break, you can connect it straightforwardly. Because this unit only weighs 2.5 pounds, it’s lightweight design makes it easy to maneuver.
You can also attach this model to a telescoping pole without any problems. The reusable filter bag holds algae, sand, and debris from the pool’s water.
- Cleans for forty-five minutes continuously
- Offers powerful suction
- Easily connects to included charger
- Only weighs 2.5 pounds
- Comes with a reusable filter bag
- Consumers had issues with the switch burning out
- Other consumers had issues with the battery not charging
- Some consumers made a note of having issues with the length of use between charging time
Water Tech Pool Blaster Hoseless Vacuum Cleaner – Large Capacity Bag
When you need to clean a significant amount of debris from the bottom of a pool, the KSB Water Tech Pool Blaster Battery Powered Hoseless Leaf Vac Vacuum Cleaner LVAC100 may be the optimal choice.
It doesn’t need a pressure hose on its side to run, and it has a rechargeable battery. The large capacity bag allows you to clean continuously without having to worry about emptying the unit or blockages occurring.
You can attach this model to either a standard or telescopic pole to extend your reach.
The super suction safe blade technology on this unit means you can clean safely and efficiently.
It’s easy to use and has up to between two and three hours of running time between charges.
- No need for a pressure hose
- Large capacity debris bag
- Blockages won’t occur
- Attaches to standard and telescopic poles
- Runs for two or three hours between charges
- Some users report that the motor freezes up
- Bags aren’t sold separately
- Need to buy your own rechargeable batteries
- The charger is not included
Pool Blaster Aqua Broom – Extends Two to Four Feet
The lightweight design of the Pool Blaster Aqua Broom Pool Vacuum helps you clean your pool without it being too much of a chore. It only weighs 3.3 pounds and includes a telescopic pole that will extend your reach between two and four feet.
Its high-flow vacuum motor allows you to pick up anything that comes your way without the need to pump, skim, or connect to the filter. This unit has built-in wheels that allow it to glide along the floor of any pool.
It will clean algae, debris, and sand from pools, fountains, and spas. The easy-grip handles mean you can clean steps, stairs, and surfaces with ease.
You’ll find that, when you’re using this model with your above the ground pool or other small or inflatable pool, there’s no need to add any cold water from the hose.
- Only weighs 3.3 pounds
- Telescopic pole extends reach up to four feet
- The high-flow vacuum picks up all types of debris
- Cleans above the ground pools, spas, and fountains
- Easy grip handle allows for more controlled use
- Users remark about the pieces slipping out of place, and the unit turned off
- Consumers have issues with the battery not lasting long
- Other consumers have issues with this model not picking anything up
- Some consumers said that it stopped working after two uses
- Issues with the product’s plastic breaking after the first use
Ryobi P714K Lithium-Ion Cordless Vacuum Kit – For Cleaning Around The Pool
Keep the areas around your pool and spa clean with the Ryobi P714K One plus 18 Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Wall Mounted Dry Hand Vacuum Kit.
It’s optimal for dry messes including sand, small debris, and other things that get stuck in nooks and crannies. Built-in LED lights help notify you when the battery is running low. In comparison to other models, this one is 27% quieter.
It comes with a powerful, compact battery that lasts over one hour.
Because this unit is lightweight, it only weighs 2.8 pounds; it’s possible to clean continously while maintaining maximum control.
Use it for quick clean-up’s around your pool and spa to prevent fine debris from tracking into the water. That way, you’re reducing the number of times you have to dig out your pool vacuum.
- Optimal for cleaning small nooks and crannies
- 27% quieter than competing models
- Only weighs 2.8 pounds
- The battery lasts over one hour
- It takes twenty minutes to charge the battery
- Reports made about the battery charger not working correctly
- Issues with the unit not indicating the battery was empty
Buying Guide & Frequently Asked Questions
What to are the main things to look at when picking a portable pool vacuum?
When you’re looking for a portable pool, vacuum, there are several factors to take into consideration. The first thing to look for is how long you can use the machine in between charges.
The next thing to look for is whether or not you have to hook it into the filtration system, or if it has reusable filter bags that attach. You’ll also want to check to see if the model has rotating wheels on the bottom of the head to make it easier to maneuver on the pool’s floor.
What battery powered pool vacuum do you recommend for commercial use?
Water Tech is often used by pool maintenance professionals, and known for creating commercial-grade pool vacuums.
Using the Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish Li Pool & Spa Cleaner is an excellent choice for those who are looking for a battery-powered option. One of the main reasons is that it will clean up to thirty-three gallons per minute.
That is a lot of surface area for this lightweight machine. Its Lithium-ion battery allows you to keep cleaning for forty-five minutes in between each charge.
It also comes with two different kinds of reusable filter bags so, if you’re cleaning fine dirt and sand, that’s not a problem.
Cleaning a pool doesn’t have to be an all-day project involving a mess of cords and hoses. Instead, you can choose a battery-powered pool vacuum to help get the job done quickly and conveniently.
Because you’re working with lightweight models, it’s less strain on you, and there’s more opportunity for control while you’re working. With the wide variety of options available in today’s consumer marketplace, selecting the right machine can be confusing. That’s why we put together this buying guide.
We hope that it not only helps inspire your buying decisions but also gives you the information you need about what will work best for your kind of pool.