Top 10 Best Cassette to MP3 Converters (Reviews)
If you have storage bins full of cassette tapes you can’t listen to, that’s no longer the case. Now you can convert your old cassettes to MP3 format for hours of listening pleasure.
In doing so, you’ll be preserving your old recordings, music, and many years of memories.
Top 10 Cassette to MP3 Converters
GEEKLIN Cassette Player Tape to MP3 Converter
||View on Amazon|
Convert Walkman Tape Cassettes to iPod Format
||View on Amazon|
Rybozen Cassette Player
||View on Amazon|
Dansrueus Cassette to MP3 Converter
||View on Amazon|
Bon Venu Portable Cassette to MP3 Converter
||View on Amazon|
Lyyes USB Cassette to MP3 Converter
||View on Amazon|
ASINNO Cassette Player to MP3 Converter
||View on Amazon|
Rybozenz Cassette Player Converter
||View on Amazon|
Blumway USB Cassette to MP3 Converter
||View on Amazon|
YOTOCAP USB Cassette-to-MP3 Converter
||View on Amazon|
Table of Contents
- 1 GEEKLIN Cassette Player Tape to MP3 Converter – No Computer Needed
- 2 Reshow Cassette Player – Convert Walkman Tape Cassettes to iPod Format
- 3 Rybozen Cassette Player - Use Your Flash to Save
- 4 Dansrueus Cassette to MP3 Converter - Compatible with PC or Mac
- 5 Bon Venu Portable Cassette to MP3 Converter - Includes TF USB Reader & Earphones
- 6 Lyyes USB Cassette to MP3 Converter - Compatible with Your Computer
- 7 ASINNO Cassette Player to MP3 Converter - Simple Conversions Using Your Computer
- 8 Rybozenz Cassette Player Converter - Convert and Transfer Files in a Variety of Formats
- 9 Blumway USB Cassette to MP3 Converter - Convert Without Your Computer
- 10 YOTOCAP USB Cassette-to-MP3 Converter - Convert Directly to Your Flash Drive
- 11 Conclusion
While modern times are all about technology and digital files, cassette tapes have a nostalgic tie to them. `
If you’re part of the generation where recording, storing, and playback was the height of the audio age, you would agree. That’s why this part of your past should be brought back to life with MP3 conversions.
GEEKLIN Cassette Player Tape to MP3 Converter – No Computer Needed
When you have cassettes that you need to convert to MP3, it’s possible to achieve that goal with this device. What many like about this converter is you won’t need a computer to complete this task.
Your only requirement is to plug a USB flash disk in, and then press the record button. The device will then automatically record everything from the tape into MP3 format.
Do you like the idea of using an old-style Walkman? If so, this cassette tape to MP3 player is an excellent choice. The main reason is you can plug earphones in, and use it to play your favorite tapes.
Then, walk around like you once did when you were younger with this lightweight player and enjoy the nostalgia!
If your batteries run dry, you won’t have to stop listening to music. Another added benefit of this device is it’s powered in two different ways.
You can use either power it with batteries or your USB. So, as soon as there’s worry of juice starts running low, plug this player in, and you’re all set!
Many who have bought this player have found that, once they convert files, it’s easy to transfer them to any device or player they’d like to use for listening.
- Compact and portable design
- USB powered or you can use a battery
- Use it as a Walkman music player
- Lightweight design
- No computer required for converting
- You can’t use this to record songs
- It isn’t possible to create mixtapes with this device
- Some reviewers report having difficulty with the sound
- Some consumers had difficulty with playback
Reshow Cassette Player – Convert Walkman Tape Cassettes to iPod Format
They still have hours of playing time left on them even though cassette stereo systems are obsolete. Instead of tossing those cassettes out, you can capture your favorite tunes into MP3 audio files with a Reshow cassette player.
These cassette capture devices help you relive some of your favorite memories when listening to this music. When you plug a USB into this device, it will convert Walman tapes into iPod or MP3 format.
This cassette player is compatible with laptops, as well as personal computers. It will also work with laptop CD burners.
You'll also find that this device is more than a standard recorder. It's lightweight, and compact design features headphone jacks. So, you can carry this cassette player anywhere and use it as an old school Walkman. The clear sound quality allows you to listen to your favorite tapes no matter where you are anytime you want.
- Clear sound quality
- Complete transfer kit
- Lightweight and versatile design
- Can use as an old school Walkman
- Works with Microsoft and MAC
- Consumers had trouble with the buttons sticking
- Some of the conversions had feedback or clicking noises
- Reports of the spindles not working properly
- Computers not responding during conversion process
- Sound quality issues occurring for some consumers
Rybozen Cassette Player - Use Your Flash to Save
Listen to your favorite tunes from your stash of cassette tapes again thanks to this portable converter recorder. The Rybozen cassette player converts tapes to digital MP3 files.
You don't need a computer to make this happen. It's as simple as inserting a USB flash drive into the side of the device. Then, your next step is just pressing the record button.
The converter is simple to use. With its automatic saving function, all of your music and audio will save into separate files in your USB flash disk from one side of the tape.
Just flip the tape over, and it will automatically separate the songs or audio from the other side as well. You can also manually partition the songs or audio by pressing the next button.
If you're wondering what the music sounds like, you can instantly listen to the audio files that were just recorded. It's also possible to play cassette tapes using the headphones that come with this player. When you plug the headphones into the unit’s jack on the side, you’ll have a portable music player.
- There’s no need for a computer
- Comes with a set of headphones
- Automatically partitions audio and music files
- USB cable included
- Auto-reverse is available
- USB flash disk not included
- Batteries not included
Dansrueus Cassette to MP3 Converter - Compatible with PC or Mac
One of the most frustrating things about utilizing a new device is having to install a new app or piece of software.
You won't run into either of those issues when using the Dansrueus Cassette to MP3 Converter.
The only thing that’s necessary for you to do is to connect your cable to either a MAC or PC, then wait a few seconds for it to connect automatically, and after that, you'll see everything happening on your screen. So long as your computer has a connection to a power source, you'll be able to use this device with your computer.
You can also use this converter on-the-go. Because it's lightweight and portable, it will fit anywhere and allow you to transfer music anytime.
If you want to connect to your vehicle's speaker or use the headphones, either option is available. This device will run on batteries or its USB power cord when it's connected to your computer.
So, you can use this player with versatility and flexibility.
What's more, is this converter is simple to use. It has an auto-reverse feature so, when the tape automatically flips over, the recording will continue on the other side.
For those who would like to use this device like a tape player, that's also possible with a set of headphones or a jack to your vehicle's speakers.
- Compatible with many versions of iPhone, iPod, and iPad
- Has a compact and lightweight design
- Auto-reverse allows for continuous recording on both sides
- Comes with an HDMI adapter
- A charging cable is included
- There's a background hiss on high volumes
- Some consumers report having trouble with powering up
- Thumping noises occurred during recording
- Sound variables occurred due to spindles turning at variable speeds
- Too much static to hear the music
Bon Venu Portable Cassette to MP3 Converter - Includes TF USB Reader & Earphones
Retro music doesn't have to remain a thing of the past. Your collection can now come back to life with the Bon Venu Portable Cassette to MP3 Converter Tape Player.
It's a simple to use converter, allowing you to preserve your music collection. If you have a box of mix tapes you spent hours recording, audio tapes you can't let go of, or other music tapes you love, you won't lose them thanks to this device. Listen to them on your phone, iPod, or laptop once you convert the files.
All of your files will convert directly to a TF card. A built-in speaker on this device allows you to play music from the cassette or the TF card.
There's also a bright LCD screen showing the time the music is playing and functions.
The TF card reader comes with this device, making it easy for you to record your music and audio files as soon as it comes out of the box! You'll also receive a 5V DC USB power cord.
The sleek and modern design is nothing like those we used to tote around years ago. Instead, this player is minimalistic and chic.
It features brushed silver finished elements and an Avante-guard white body. Plug in your earphones and use this player as a vintage Walkman or set it next to you to play your favorite music as a mini-cassette player. Either way, this portable music player and converter will get the job done.
- Features high-quality sound
- Includes a TF card reader and 5V DC USB power cord
- Can use it as a retro Walkman
- Easy to use
- Compatible with Apple and Windows devices
- Customers reported having difficulty with the tapes being "eaten"
- Some have difficulty figuring out how to use the device
- No SD card included
Lyyes USB Cassette to MP3 Converter - Compatible with Your Computer
Are you looking for an all-in-one converter that will transfer your cassette tapes into digital files?
I say all-in-one because, in addition to converting your cassettes, this device will also record music from other sources as well, with a 3.5 mm audio cable.
When you're converting cassettes, all you have to do is use a USB cable. Then, you can listen to MP3 versions of your favorite music on a burned CD, your iPod, or an MP3 player.
There's a playback function available allowing you to hear all the music you've just recorded on the device. Its portable design allows you to convert and play music no matter where you are and what you're doing.
The tape converter software guides you through the process, making it a seamless and easy conversion.
If you would like to listen to your cassettes using the auxiliary plug on your car radio, you just have to plug in this device.
It will play your favorite music on this cassette player through your vehicle's speakers. There’s also the option available of listening to your cassette tapes using headphones. These headphones are included with the device.
You can also use this device to listen to music through the speakers in your vehicle or using headphones.
- Comes with headphones
- Can listen to music through your vehicle's speakers
- Works with TF and SD cards
- Only spend a few minutes to plug in and play
- Easy to follow instructions
- Must use recording software
- Picks up radio frequencies
- No information regarding battery life
ASINNO Cassette Player to MP3 Converter - Simple Conversions Using Your Computer
Listening to music from your favorite musicians don't have to remain a thing of the past.
If you have a stockpile of old tapes you don't know what to do with, the Asinno Cassette Player to MP3 Converter solves that problem.
If you have audio tapes holding recordings of memories you cherish, you don't have to worry about those deteriorating either. Use this converter into MP3, WAV, or WMA files using your laptop and this converter.
As long as you're plugged into your computer, this device will run on USB power. So, you can either run on that or batteries.
That makes this lightweight and portable device flexible and convenient to use. It's 3.5 mm jack allows you to plug in headphones or use the jack to listen to music with your vehicle's audio speakers.
The vintage Walkman design helps you capture the feeling of yesteryear when you're carrying this player around.
You'll receive a CD Rom to help guide you through the process of converting cassettes to audio files. This device is compatible with Windows, as well as Mac operating systems.
Depending on the quality of the tape, you'll find that the sound quality on this converter is exceptionally good.
- High-quality sound depending on tape's viablity
- Powered either by USB or battery
- Can listen with stereo or headphones
- Includes USB cable
- Light-weight and compact design
- Doesn't include headphones
- Works with older versions of operating systems
- Sound quality may have mixed results
Rybozenz Cassette Player Converter - Convert and Transfer Files in a Variety of Formats
No matter if you're using a PC or Mac operating system, it's possible to convert your old tapes into audio files using the Rybozenz Cassette to Digital MP3 Converter. This device will convert a wide variety of cassette tapes into digital files.
If you’re interested in burning audio files to a CD or transfer them to your smartphone, it will support those functions as well. The only thing that’s necessary for you to do is to use the professional audio software that's included to convert your tapes during the two-step process.
You'll find an automatic reverse function, as well as a four-channel magnetic head allowing for more stable quality.
The software included is compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista 32 bit, 64 bit, Windows 7, Windows 10, and Mac. It’s simple to convert files to an SD card, USB flash drive, MP3, or smartphone.
One of the first things you'll notice about this player is its design. It has the same texture as a piano and also features metallic paint. The portable features are similar to that of a vintage Walkman. So, it's lightweight enough to carry around and listen to your favorite tunes when you're not converting them into digital!
- Compatible with Windows and Mac
- Transfers to smartphones, SD cards, and flash drives
- Comes with professional editing software
- Has a 4-channel magnetic head
- Auto-reverse function available
- Some report having issues with sound quality
- Need software to listen to tapes while recording
- Issues with music "dragging" were reported
Blumway USB Cassette to MP3 Converter - Convert Without Your Computer
The highlight of the Bumway USB Cassette to MP3 Converter is you don't need a computer to work with this device. Those cassette tapes you've been aching to listen to don't have to continue sitting in the corner.
Instead, you can convert them to MP3 format either manually or automatically with a USB flash drive. The convenience of the flash drive allows you to convert your cassettes anytime and from anywhere.
Another feature of this converter is the playback feature. Each time you record a song, you'll be able to listen to the quality. It's easy to check the file using the playback function to ensure it sounds the way you want.
The USB port supports up to 64G and formats including FAT, FAT32, and exFAT. You'll be able to use the auto-reverse feature to record continuously from one side to the next with ease.
The 3.5 mm audio jack allows you to take this player with you with headphones or earbuds and use it as a retro Walkman. You can also use this multifunctional converter with the audio port on your car speakers to enjoy your cassette tapes.
Its portable design allows you to stick this player in your pocket or bag for hours of listening pleasure. If your batteries start running low, you can use your USB port as an alternate source of power.
- Comes with headphones
- Includes a USB cable
- Only weighs 0.4 lbs
- Battery last two hours while recording
- USB power available
- Doesn't record WAV files
- Consumers reported that side two stopped recording
- Some customers reported having issues with advancing and rewinding
YOTOCAP USB Cassette-to-MP3 Converter - Convert Directly to Your Flash Drive
If you're looking for an easy-to-use cassette to MP3 converter, the YOTOCAP may be the ideal choice. This standalone unit doesn't require a computer to get the job done. Instead, you'll plug your flash drive into its side to record.
All of the files will automatically partition into separate files. Because there's a playback feature, it's possible for you to check all of the music you've recorded using this device.
All of your old mix tapes, audio recordings, and music tapes can now find their way into digital format. It's frustrating to see them sitting in storage and feeling like these pieces of your history are useless.
Now, you can listen to these nostalgic memories on your iPod, MP3 player, computer, or burn them on to a CD. Thanks to the 3.5 mm earphone jack, you can also listen to these tunes with earbuds, headphones, or through your vehicle's speakers.
The flexible battery or USB-powered operation ensures you'll never run out of juice.
With the portable design of this unit, it's possible to carry this player anywhere and use it for listening or recording anytime. The auto-reverse function means you'll be able to record continuously from one side to the other without having to flip over the tape.
- Power using USB or batteries
- Has auto-reverse function
- No need for software or a computer for converting
- Automatically partitions each song
- Use an auto line out to listen to cassettes in your vehicle
- Must use software to edit MP3 files
- No information regarding if the tape will stop automatically on side B
- Doesn't come with USB flash drive
- Manual partitioning not available
Ultimately, when selecting a cassette to MP3 converter, your best recourse is to conduct thorough research. For example, if you’re okay with working with software, then models requiring a software download for understanding or completing the conversion process will work fine for you.
However, for those who would like to convert their cassettes while on-the-go, a stand-alone unit whereby the use of a flash drive is the only requirement may be ideal. Under these circumstances, no computer or software is a requirement.
You’ll be looking at the sound quality, which is also dependent upon the cassette’s viability, as well as the unit’s weight. When taking each of these things into consideration, it’ll be possible to make the best decision.
Related Buying Guide