Top 10 Best High Pressure Shower Heads (Reviews)
We’ve put together this buying guide to help inspire your decisions and make the buying process less complicated.
Best High-pressure Shower Heads
Delta Faucet 5-Spray H2Okinetic In2ition 2-in-1
||View on Amazon|
Anti-Leak and Anti-Clog 5-Function Shower Head
||View on Amazon|
ShowerMaxx Luxury Spa Grade Rainfall
||View on Amazon|
Moen 26500SRN Refresh 5 Functions
||View on Amazon|
AquaDance 7" Premium 3-Way Rainfall Combo
||View on Amazon|
Speakman S-2252 Signature Brass
||View on Amazon|
SparkPod Shower Head
||View on Amazon|
G-Promise Brushed Nickel
||View on Amazon|
||View on Amazon|
||View on Amazon|
Table of Contents
- 1 Delta Faucet 5-Spray H2Okinetic In2ition 2-in-1 – Hand-Held with Magnetic Docking
- 2 Anti-Leak and Anti-Clog 5-Function Shower Head – Our Budget pick
- 3 ShowerMaxx Luxury Spa Grade Rainfall – Premium Adjustable Showerhead
- 4 Moen 26500SRN Refresh 5 Functions – Brushed Nickel 2.5 GPM High-Pressure Shower
- 5 AquaDance 7″ Premium 3-Way Rainfall Combo –
- 6 Speakman S-2252 Signature Brass – Iconic Polished Chrome Style
- 7 SparkPod Shower Head – Luxurious High-Pressure Adjustable Showerhead
- 8 G-Promise Brushed Nickel – Premium Handheld 6 Setting Showerhead
- 9 Aquarius Handheld – Spa-Grade Luxurious Adjustable Showerhead
- 10 Couradric Handheld – Polished Brass High-Pressure & 6 Spray Setting
- 11 Buying Guide & FAQ
- 12 Final words
In addition to ensuring the materials match the rest of your bathroom’s décor, you also want to ensure you’re selecting a showerhead that includes the best features.
For example, if you’re attempting to create a spa-like experience in your shower, then you’ll want to choose a high-pressure showerhead with multiple settings and adjustments.
Delta Faucet 5-Spray H2Okinetic In2ition 2-in-1 – Hand-Held with Magnetic Docking
For those who are looking for a two-in-one showering experience, look no further than the Delta Faucet 5-Spray H2Okinetic In2ition 2-in-1 Dual Hand Held Shower Head.
It features three times more coverage than a standard showerhead.
Not only will you find a unique wave pattern but also larger water droplets. The dual unit allows you to detach the showerhead with a hose from the docking station to use it separately.
Magnetic docking helps keep the showerhead securely in place when you want to use it as an all-in-one unit. There are five powerful spray options, including full-body spray, full-body spray with massage, PowerDrench spray, massaging spray, and pause.
When you switch the diverter, you can choose to use the shower head and handheld together, the showerhead only, and the handheld unit only.
When you’re living with someone who wants a handheld but you prefer a fixed showerhead, this is a unit that is the best of both worlds. Its five-option spray head holds securely on a magnetic docking station, and some reviewers noted that they needed to buy Teflon tape to complete the installation.
- Two-in-one shower allows you to choose handheld, the showerhead, or a combination of both.
- Five powerful spray settings.
- Powerful spray settings, including a pause feature for shaving or other tasks.
- Comes with a sixty-inch hose.
- The magnetic docking station holds handheld showerhead securely.
- Some consumers had issues with the water streams being uncomfortable and almost painful.
Anti-Leak and Anti-Clog 5-Function Shower Head – Our Budget pick
When you’re looking for the ultimate shower experience, this high-pressure showerhead won’t let you down. It has a four-inch compact head that will rain spray when there are low water flow and pressure.
You’ll find five spray jets, including massage, mist, rain, rain and massage, and rain and mist. Use of these five water jets helps prevent hard water and lime deposits.
That means this shower head is easy to clean and maintain. You’ll also find this shower head is easy to install and will connect to any standard shower arm.
Some consumers have reported having issues with leaking but, ultimately, this showerhead performs well for the majority of users.
- Has high pressure
- There are five different spray jets
- Prevents lime and hard water deposits
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Installs within minutes
- Fits loose for some consumers.
- Difficult to install for some buyers.
ShowerMaxx Luxury Spa Grade Rainfall – Premium Adjustable Showerhead
Have a luxurious spa experience each time you step into your shower with the ShowerMaxx Luxury Spa Grade Rainfall High-Pressure Shower Head. The six-inch faceplate contains ninety precision-engineered high-pressure nozzles.
That means you’ll receive a soothing and refreshed experience during every shower. The adjustable ball joint allows users to create the optimal angle for their bathing area.
This showerhead produces a 2.5 gallon-per-minute water flow effortlessly, which means you’ll receive superior water pressure each time you turn it on. The self-cleaning jet nozzles, as well as brushed nickel finish, make this showerhead easy to maintain with a beautiful finish. You’ll receive a fitted mesh sand filter disk, removable flow restrictor, and Teflon tape.
This showerhead is made from premium quality ABS material and features a brushed nickel polished finish.
- Six-inch faceplate
- Ninety high-pressure nozzles
- Produces 2.5 GPM effortlessly
- Self-cleaning nozzle
- Comes with a removable flow restrictor
- Consumers report the showerhead broke at the seam after three months of use.
- Some consumers report the jets not working correctly.
Moen 26500SRN Refresh 5 Functions – Brushed Nickel 2.5 GPM High-Pressure Shower
Moen is known for its gorgeous bathroom fixtures, and this shower head is no exception. When you select the Moen 26500SRN Refresh 5 Function Shower Head, you’ll soon see why it’s four-inch head is so luxurious.
In addition to experiencing a 2.5 gallon-per-minute flow rate, you’ll also have your choice of five functions. The large tab on the bottom of the showerhead makes it easy for you to move from one function to the next.
The spot-resistant brush nickel finishes resist not only fingerprints but also water spots.
That means you’ll have a cleaner looking bath in between your spa-like experiences. The modern style of this showerhead fits in beautifully with the contemporary designs of many bathroom upgrades and remodels.
Consumers love that it’s easy to install and that it features a tab on the bottom that makes it easy to shift from one function to another.
- Modern and clean lines make this showerhead fit in with contemporary designs.
- High-pressure waterflow features 2.5 GPM.
- Easy to install with no tools or Teflon tape required.
- Features five functions for the ultimate shower experience.
- The tab makes it easy to shift from one function to the next.
- Features a smaller head in comparison to other competing brands.
- It’s a fixed showerhead with no angling options, but it does swivel according to some reviewers.
The AquaDance 7″ Premium High-Pressure 3-Way Rainfall Combo is an excellent choice for those who are looking for the ultimate showering experience.
The rainfall showerhead features a seven-inch face that includes a high-power click level dial. In addition to receiving drenching flow coverage, you’ll also have the choice of six different settings.
They include power rain, pulsating massage, power mist, rain massage, rain mist, and water-saving. You can use the premium hand-held shower wand as an overhead shower or a hand-held unit.
Its four-inch face includes a four-click dial and ergonomic grip. You’ll find the same six settings on the handheld unit as the fixed showerhead. A three-way shower diverter allows you to switch between the two units.
- Has six different high-power settings.
- The handheld shower has the same six settings as the fixed unit.
- Easily adjust from handheld to fixed using three-way diverter.
- Each showerhead has a pause feature.
- Consumers found the unit easy to install.
- Consumers reported having issues installing due to not enough threads on the hose.
- Some consumers report having issues with customer service not responding to issues.
Speakman S-2252 Signature Brass – Iconic Polished Chrome Style
Choosing the Speakman S-2252 Signature Brass Icon Anystream High-Pressure Adjustable Shower Head means you’ll see modern lines and an iconic style.
Its simple design is indicative of the kind of contemporary styling you’ll see in modern bathroom decor. This showerhead features an adjustable design with three different settings.
The settings include full flood, intense, and rain. All you have to do is rotate the showerhead’s handle to shift from one spray pattern to the next.
You’ll find that this is a low water pressure shower head, so it has plungers to control the spread of the water leaving the nozzle to help intensify the stream.
It’s a low-maintenance unit that’s not only self-cleaning but also resistant to sediment and hard-water build-up. That means this showerhead is easy for you to maintain and keep clean.
It’s minimalistic and contemporary design fits in beautifully with modern bathroom décor. Some consumers report having issues with the low water flow design but, overall, the majority of users love the water pressure and easy installation of this unit.
- Easily shifts from one setting to next with showerhead handle.
- Plungers intensify the nozzle’s water stream.
- Self-cleaning and resistant to hard-water build-up.
- Consumers love that it’s an all-metal unit.
- Consumers reported having to remove the water restrictor to receive adequate pressure.
- Some consumers had difficulty with the adjustable head not adjusting enough.
- Water spraying all over the shower is an issue for some consumers.
- After about two weeks of use, some consumers report the unit not working at all.
SparkPod Shower Head – Luxurious High-Pressure Adjustable Showerhead
When you’re looking for a high-pressure showering experience, the SparkPod Shower Head will deliver. Its rain design douses your body with a downpour of water that outdoes the competition.
The tool-free installation means the universal shower head will quickly connect to any shower arm within five minutes. You’ll find Teflon tape, as well as a water filter to aid in the installation process. A hassle-free removable water restrictor allows you to choose between saving water and experiencing a high-end spa shower.
Angle the head in any direction to help improve your showering experience.
The unit includes ninety self-cleaning nozzles that feature anti-clogging silicone jets. They’ll remove limescale, as well as other hard water deposits, ensuring you experience the full force of the showerhead. Its chrome plating brings a touch of elegance to your bathroom’s decor.
- Easy to install without any tools.
- Hassle-free water restrictor.
- The head angles for optimal showering experience.
- Ninety self-cleaning nozzles make it easy to maintain.
- Beautiful chrome-plated finish.
- Consumers report the showerhead is too small to be a true rain head.
G-Promise Brushed Nickel – Premium Handheld 6 Setting Showerhead
Selecting the G-Promise Brushed Nickel High-Pressure Shower Head means you’re going to have a premium showering experience. This handheld unit features six spray settings on its 4.5-inch showerhead.
The adjustable ball connector is constructed from solid brass and ensures no water passes. The flexible stainless steel hose is 63 inches long and will stretch to 75 inches.
The shower head’s six settings include circular massage, power massage, rainfall, rainfall and circular massage, rainfall, and power massage, and water-saving trickle mode. Using the first five features allow you to have an ultimate spa-like experience in your shower.
The water saving-trickle mode helps you prevent wasting water while shaving or performing other tasks. This unit is easy to install and comes with a wrench as well as high-quality Teflon tape.
Some consumers report having issues with the water pressure but, overall, this unit performs the way customers are expecting.
- It’s a handheld unit with an adjustable ball connection.
- Includes a 63-inch stainless steel hose that extends to 75-inches.
- Has six different settings.
- Easy installation that only takes five minutes.
- Includes wrench and Teflon tape.
- Consumers report that there isn’t much difference between the spray settings.
Aquarius Handheld – Spa-Grade Luxurious Adjustable Showerhead
The premium quality ABS plastic thermo material and brushed nickel finish featured on the Aquarius Handheld Shower Head means you won’t have to worry about leaks or cracks.
This showerhead is mounted on a solid brass swivel ball connecting bracket for maximum flexibility and durability. The head measures 4.9 inches and delivers a luxurious rainfall with its fifty-six nozzles.
The consistent flow delivers a high-pressure output of 2.5 gallons-per-minute. So, if you have low water pressure, you’ll have a spa-like showering experience.
The six spray settings allow you to change this experience until you hear a distinct click, which tells you that you’ve reached the next mode. The instructions are easy to follow, making installation a snap.
- Premium quality materials mean no cracks or leaking.
- Swivel ball mount allows for adjusting and flexibility.
- High-pressure water flow at 2.5 GPM.
- Offers six different spray settings.
- Easy to follow instructions and installation.
- Some consumers had issues with this unit leaking.
- Consumers reported that the hose started leaking after less than one year of use.
- The o-rings were not made correctly for some consumers.
- The showerhead doesn’t fit into the bracket for some consumers.
- Water pressure is an issue for some consumers.
Couradric Handheld – Polished Brass High-Pressure & 6 Spray Setting
Experience the ultimate in luxurious design and quality when choosing the Couradric Handheld Shower Head. It features six spray setting that includes bubbling rain, bubbling water, power rain, pulsating massage, shampoo rinsing, and water-saving mode.
Selecting this showerhead brings you not only a premium showering experience but also a gorgeous design.
The strength of the ABS materials in combination of exquisite artistry means you’ll be receiving a high-quality unit. This showerhead includes forty-eight self-cleaning nozzles that stop the accumulation of calcium and other deposits from causing blockages.
Easy installation means you don’t have to hire a plumber, and no tools are necessary.
- Includes six different settings.
- Has a gorgeous and high-quality design.
- The forty-eight nozzles are self-cleaning.
- Has an extra-long stainless steel hose.
- Easy installation requires no tools or plumber.
- Some consumers had issues with some of the settings not working.
- Consumers remark about its lack of adjustability.
- Water pressure issue is a problem for some consumers.
- Hot water ran out too quickly for some consumers.
Buying Guide & FAQ
Here, we are going to answer questions that a buyer might have when looking for one of these products:
How can I increase my shower’s water pressure?
There are several ways to increase your shower’s pressure. You can replace the showerhead with one that’s water-restricting, clean the head, or make sure your water main is set correctly.
However, before doing all of this, make sure you’re experiencing low water pressure. You can do this by completing a simple test.
- Remove your existing showerhead.
- Place a one-gallon bucket in your shower underneath the head to catch water.
- Turn your shower on full capacity for at least one minute.
- If the bucket doesn’t fill after one minute, time how long it takes to fill.
- Convert that time into seconds. So, if it takes two minutes, that’s 120 seconds. Filling a one-gallon bucket in two minutes converts to a rate of 0.5 gallons per minute.
If you’re using a showerhead with a flow-restricting device that has been installed and is working correctly, you could be seeing between 1.5 and 2.0 gallons-per-minute. Before replacing the unit or remove the restrictor, make sure it’s legal to do so in your area. For example, showers in California are restricted to 1.5 gallons-per-minute due to on-going drought issues.
Cleaning out sediment and other mineral deposits from your showerhead can help increase its pressure as well. All water carries minerals, so this could be the culprit.
Unscrewing the showerhead and placing it in a container of vinegar should do the trick. Make sure you leave it in there for at least eight hours to make sure the deposits are soaked thoroughly. Use a toothpick to remove the remaining particles.
You can also check the water main that enters your home if you’re still experiencing issues with your water pressure.
You’ll find that the water main has two shut-offs along the water supply’s main line. Under some circumstances, these valves become corroded and rusty. So, if you attempt to turn them, they make crack or break. Therefore, it may be a good idea to call a plumber for assistance.
Do they usually come with the hose, or what hose to pick?
While many showerheads do come with hoses, there are some circumstances where you have to buy one. If that’s the case, it’s critical that you purchase a shower hose made from the highest quality products.
For example, the recommendation is that you select one that’s made from drinking-safe materials. In doing so, you’re certain clean water is coming out of the showerhead. Next, is selecting the optimal hose length.
Commercial shower hose lengths include sixty-three inches and eighty inches. Selecting a sixty-three-inch hose means you’ll have plenty of length in a standard shower.
Opting for an eighty-inch hose allows you to sit or stand in the bathtub while showering.
When do I need a filter in my shower head?
Do your hair and skin feel different after you finish taking a shower? Soft and hard water will make your skin and hair feel different following a shower.
If there’s chlorine if your water supply, you may notice a difference in your showering experience.
Adding a water filtration device helps remove the chlorine from your water supply.
In doing so, you’ll notice your hair and skin feeling healthier. Some models include essential oils, as well as aromatherapy, to help provide a spa-like experience.
Can I use a shower head to increase the pressure if I have slow water flow?
Yes, there are some low-quality showerheads on the market today.
Instead of settling for those which have a flow capacity that’s lower than between 2.0 and 2.5 gallons-per-minute, shop around for a better option.
There are high-pressure designs that are specifically for low-pressure water systems that will pump out between 2.0 and 2.5 gallons-per-minute. The main reason is that their nozzles are designed to pressurize the water flow.
Stainless steel vs. brushed nickel vs. bronze?
Brushed nickel is one of the most popular showerhead materials due to its versatility and vintage look. It’s not super shiny in comparison to chrome or some stainless steel options. Bronze brings the look of luxury to bathroom decor.
Previously, luxury was associated with stainless steel and nickel. Now, designers are turning toward bronze for upscale looks.
Selecting a high-quality high-pressure showerhead takes some time and consideration because there are several questions you must ask yourself. How many settings are you looking for, how many inches do you want the head to be, and are you looking for a flow restrictor? Other questions include what materials do you want it to be made from and do you want a handheld option? Once you take these questions into account, you’ll be able to make a more informed decision.