Top 5 Best Wooden High Chair for Toddlers (Reviews)
We all want the best for our offspring. As a parent, you know just how difficult it is to give your kid everything they deserve and more without spoiling them so badly that they are forever dependent on you or they start feeling entitled.
In this quest, there are certain lessons that we unknowingly teach our children while trying to get them through the various stages of life.
A wooden high chair, for example, is a good way to get your kid comfortable as you try to wean them.
The Best Wooden High Chairs for Toddlers
Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair with Tray
||View on Amazon|
East Coast Combination Highchair
||View on Amazon|
Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray
||View on Amazon|
Winco CHH-103 Wooden High Chair
||View on Amazon|
HM-tech Baby Wooden High Chair with Removable Tray
||View on Amazon|
Table of Contents
- 1 Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair with Tray – Probably the Best Option Here
- 2 East Coast Combination Highchair – Easy Storage and Play Table Option
- 3 Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray – The One with the Dishwasher Safe Tray Cover
- 4 Winco CHH-103 Wooden High Chair – The 20″ Non-Assembled Option
- 5 HM-tech Baby Wooden High Chair with Removable Tray – The 3-in-1 Wooden High Chair
- 6 Why Should You Buy a Wooden High Chair for Your Child?
- 7 What to Look for Buying a Wooden High Chair
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair with Tray – Probably the Best Option Here
There is very little not to like about this beautiful Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair With Tray. It’s the kind of high chair that comes with all the wonderful options a loving parent wants for their child. From the available colors (many vibrant colors) to the kind of safety and comfort features that make it an all-round wooden high chair for your toddler.
This wooden high chair is designed with an EZ-seat configuration, which means that it can be transformed from a high chair of any height and be used as a traditional dining table chair when your kid gets older. And you can do all this in less than 20 seconds. It comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty, which goes a long way to give you peace of mind since you may want to hand this chair down to other kids.
As far as safety and comfort are concerned, this high chair has a dual restraint system that gives you the 3-point or the 5-point safety harness options to keep your kid secure. This sleek and eco-friendly design also includes a seat and backrest cushion that makes it very comfortable for your child.
This is probably the one seat on this list that checks most, if not all, of the boxes as far as what to look for in a wooden high chair is concerned. It is extremely safe with the dual restraint function, extremely easy to use with the EZ-seat adjustment option, and very comfortable since it has both seat and backrest cushions included. On top of all that, it’s easy to clean and comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty. What more could you want in a wooden high chair?
- EZ-seat configuration that can be adjusted in less than 20 seconds
- It comes with a lot of vibrant color options
- It includes a dual restraint system that has a 3-point and a 5-point safety harness
- It comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Many of the available seat color options are very loud
- It doesn’t have wheels, which makes moving it about a bit cumbersome
East Coast Combination Highchair – Easy Storage and Play Table Option
There is something to be said about a high chair’s versatility, but when we talk about that feature, we often refer to it being adjustable enough so that it grows with your baby. The East Coast Combination Highchair takes that versatility to a whole new level. This particularly well-constructed chair can be easily converted into a play table where your kids can learn all sorts of skills, including drawing and Jenga skills.
When it comes to feeding time, the table has a detachable tray that can be positioned into three different alternative ways to make your life that much easier and your kid’s that more comfortable. When it comes to safety, this high chair has a full safety harness that will keep your little one well strapped in and secure.
Designed for kids ages six months and older, this chair is certainly one of the most convenient and most versatile in the market. It showcases more of that versatility quality by being able to be folded down into a flat plank of wood, which means that storing it is a joy as it takes up very little space. It also means that it is very portable so you can bring it whenever you go visiting friends or even for a picnic with the family.
If you have been looking for something that can do more than just serve as a dining table for your little one, then you have found it in this chair. It can easily transform into a play table and has the full harness, which is a much welcome safety feature.
- Easy to fold into a flat plank for storage
- Has an adjustable tray that can be positioned in three different ways
- It has a full safety harness that keeps your toddler secure
- Can be easily converted into a play table
- It doesn’t have wheels which makes moving it a cumbersome affair
- The high chair is a little bulky when in operation
- Has no cushions or padding, which makes it a little stiff and uncomfortable
Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray – The One with the Dishwasher Safe Tray Cover
This is a beautifully constructed high chair that is convertible and comes with an adjustable seat and footplate. The manufacturers thought long and hard about the comfort of your little one when they decided to design this high chair. It comes with a cloth cushion that makes it very comfortable. Additionally, that cloth cushion is machine washable.
Another stand out feature of this chair is that it comes with a top tray cover that is latex-free and offers you anti-microbial protection. Not only is this seat plate and tray easy to clean (all you have to do is wipe it down), but it is also dishwasher safe, which means you can just pop into the dishwasher with everything else for easy and thorough cleaning.
Designed for kids from six months of age, this Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray is JPMA certified, which means that it meets the highest standard of quality in the market. This is the kind of chair you buy when you want something that is not only long-lasting but also very durable. It’s available in mahogany and natural wood color.
This is the kind of chair that every parent should consider buying for their toddler at some point. Not only does it take comfort into serious consideration by including a cloth cushion, but it also takes your convenience into account by making most of the features here dishwasher safe as well as easy to simply wipe down. The 3-point safety belt makes it very safe for your kids, and the mahogany finish makes it rather sleek and decor-worthy.
- It comes with a cloth cushion for added comfort
- It is JPMA certified for the highest quality standard
- It has an adjustable foot and seat plate, which allows it to be used by kids from six months of age to much older children
- It is tip-resistant as it has a 1.5 seating angle
- It comes with a 3-point safety belt to keep your kid secure
- It doesn’t have an added infant insert
- It doesn’t have any wheels nor grip on the base, which makes it cumbersome to move
Winco CHH-103 Wooden High Chair – The 20″ Non-Assembled Option
Winco is a brand that is synonymous with the production of high-quality high chairs, and this Winco CHH-103 Wooden High Chair is in perfect line with that tradition. Made from high-quality wood, this high chair comes in a mahogany color, which gives it a beautiful natural look.
However, it’s not just about the looks. This high chair has a 3-point safety harness, which makes it highly secure for your toddler. It’s not that adjustable, and it doesn’t come with seat or backrest cushions, but it’s sturdy, very easy to clean, and the fact that it can be easily disassembled and reassembled means that it is rather portable.
This is a chair produced by a very trustworthy brand, which gives it the kind of quality and durability that you would want in a wooden high chair. It has the kind of safety features necessary to keep your toddler secure, and it is very easy to clean.
- Made of high-quality wood, making it very durable and sturdy
- It has a natural mahogany color
- It has a 3-point safety harness making it very safe for your child
- It has a tip-resistant design
- It doesn’t come with a seat or backrest cushion, which makes it rather uncomfortable as far as long sitting sessions are concerned
HM-tech Baby Wooden High Chair with Removable Tray – The 3-in-1 Wooden High Chair
This is perhaps one of the most useful and “fully stocked” wooden high chairs on this list. The HM-tech Baby Wooden High Chair with Removable Tray is a 3-in-1 wooden high chair that has a high chair, a booster chair, and a kids’ chair. That makes it suitable for kids ranging from between 6 months all the way to 10 years old. Talk about getting value for your money.
Apart from these extremely high levels of functionality, the chair is designed to be uniquely comfortable with a stylish look. It has a removable tray that is easy to clean, and it is CPSC tested for both toddler and mom usability. It does need some assembling, but that is very easy to do with the clear instructions included, and the entire process takes less than just a few minutes.
This is the chair you get when you want to be done with the whole buying a wooden high chair business once and for all. Designed to fit kids from 6 months to 10 years, there is no doubt that this beautifully designed high chair will be serving you and your family for a very long time to come.
- Very stylish design
- It’s a 3-in-1 chair that accommodates toddlers all the way to 10-year-old kids
- Easy to clean
- Easy to assemble
- Tip resistant design
- It doesn’t have wheels, and while it’s light enough to move about that omission makes the process a little cumbersome
Why Should You Buy a Wooden High Chair for Your Child?
What life lessons, you wonder? The truth is, the life lessons are all subliminal. Ask yourself: why are you considering buying a wooden high chair for your toddler? For the most part, you will find that the answer has more to do with you than it does the child. For instance, a wooden high chair is advisable to have around the house because it allows you to keep the toddler sited while you try to feed them.
What you don’t see is that the wooden chair keeps your toddler from being unruly and ungovernable come chow time. Left to their own devices, toddlers will very quickly crawl away and hide or start some kind of game when they are supposed to be feeding.
The wooden high chair keeps them in one place, which in turn, helps them concentrate on the task at hand as opposed to any of the other million things they would rather be doing, such as starting a food fight with you.
Do you see the life lesson there? The broad strokes of it are that – there is a time and place for everything. To get the job done, you need a single-minded approach and focus.
Yes, that’s kind of a profound life lesson for a toddler and granted, they won’t grasp the entire concept at first, but they will learn to sit still when they are being fed, and that’s good enough. Here are other reasons why you should want to buy a wooden high chair for you kid:
- The adjustable seats facilitate proper seating: How many times did your mom yell at you to stop slouching? How many times have you had that your posture is poor and that it’s indirectly affecting your health? The best wooden high chairs have adjustable seats that allow your baby to be propped up in the proper seating posture when they are being fed. Not only will this keep them from fidgeting, but it will also slowly get them to understand how comfortable that appropriate posture is and how much better they enjoy their food from that stance.
- You can position the high chairs to your eye level: This brings two advantages: you can feed your baby without slouching, and you can maintain eye contact with the child, thus forming a deeper bond and slowly conditioning their behavior correctly.
- They are comfortable: The best high chairs have soft pads and cushioning for added comfort. These options give your child the kind sitting comfort they need when being fed. Not only will this keep them from squirming, but it will also help them find their own comfortable rhythm and sitting position.
Ultimately, a wooden high chair is comfortable, convenient to use, and very easy to clean. It works for you as well as the child.
What to Look for Buying a Wooden High Chair
The best wooden high chairs go a long way in making mealtimes a very pleasant experience for both you and the baby. It is, therefore, important to know what to look for and to buy the right one. Here are the kind of safety and comfort features that you should look for when buying a wooden high chair for your baby:
Find a chair that you can get the baby in and out of without any issues
You don’t want a high chair that is going to give you even more trouble than your baby running around when it’s time to be fed. The chair should have a tray that you can operate with one hand in case you have to get your baby in a “head-lock” (just kidding) as you try to get them into the chair. You also need to find a chair that has lockable wheels. Wheels are essential because you will be pulling that chair in your direction more often than you think.
Find a chair that can grow with your baby
You simply won’t believe how fast that little bundle of joy grows. Unless you want to buy a new high chair every year, you need to find one that can grow with them. An adjustable high chair.
Find a chair with excellent safety features
It needs to have seat straps that are easy to buckle your baby into – a three or even five-point harness will keep your baby safe while you feed them.
Your baby needs to be comfortable while feeding
The high chair you pick needs to be comfortable enough for your baby to enjoy sitting in it. Look for features such as padded seats and cushions.
That being said, the ultimate feature to look for is durability. Remember, this chair is going to be put through quite a bit of abuse by both you and your baby. It needs to be easy to clean and strong enough to withstand the inevitable tantrums that come with toddlers. Plus, you might have to hand it down to the baby’s sibling someday.
Frequently Asked Questions
As is the case with every purchase nowadays, you are bombarded with a ton of options. To guide you in your choice, you need to ask yourself a series of questions that will help you determine whether you really need to buy a wooden high chair and, if so, which type. Here are some of the most common FAQs as far as wooden high chairs are concerned:
When is My Baby Ready for a Wooden High Chair?
Babies are typically ready to be transitioned into a high chair between the age of 4 to 6 months old. This is when they are strong enough to sit up and hold their head in position as you feed them.
Do I Really Need to Buy a High Chair?
Of course, you hardly even HAVE to buy anything. However, if you want to find a more convenient and easier way to feed your baby and ween them, then you need a high chair. It’s easier on your back, it keeps the baby stationery, and it helps with the baby’s posture.
How Long Does a High Chair Last?
Depending on the chair you buy, some can last you well over 5 to 10 years. It also depends on how you use and maintain it plus the kind of abuse you and your toddler put it through. How long your baby will need the high chair, however, depends on their own specific development pattern and speed. Typically, as soon as the baby can sit upright and stay still during feedings, then they can move on to a booster chair or even to a regular dining table chair. It all depends on the baby.
Buying a wooden high chair is one of the best ways to train your baby to be still and to help you feed them more efficiently without having to run about trying to catch them. The options given here are all good and meet the necessary safety standards. It’s now only a matter of choosing one that catches your fancy and falls within your budget.
Related Buying Guide